Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Treating CF Reproductive and Sexual Health CFTR modulators and reproductive health

• CFTR modulators and reproductive health

Posted by jenny-livingston on August 31, 2020 at 7:20 pm

CFTR modulators have known (and, I would argue, many unknown) affects on women’s reproductive systems. Soon after Trikafta became available, I began hearing about women suddenly becoming pregnant, sometimes after trying unsuccessfully for years. I belong to a mothers with CF Facebook group and the number of women having “Trikafta babies” is truly astounding to me!

I found this CF Community Blog Post to be incredibly interesting! Highlighted within, a candid conversation between Maddie Poranksi, a woman with CF, and Dr. Jennifer L. Taylor-Cousar. Together, they discuss the complex world of reproductive health and CF. If you’ve had questions about CFTR modulators and reproductive health, this blog post is a great place to start!

If you are a woman with CF who takes a CFTR modulator, have you experienced changes in your reproductive health? Have you become pregnant/had a baby since starting a modulator, or do you know someone who has? Has starting a modulator helped or complicated reproductive health issues for you? 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 7 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The forum ‘Reproductive and Sexual Health’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now