Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Parents​ ​and​ ​Caregivers​ Checking in… are you (genuinely) doing okay?

• Checking in… are you (genuinely) doing okay?

Posted by jenny-livingston on September 22, 2020 at 3:35 pm

I think it’s safe to say that this year has been a doozy for many of us! In recent months, and even more so in recent weeks, I’ve seen and read about so much difficulty and heartache. Friends who are struggling to get medications due to hurricane damage, families who have lost their homes to wildfires, business owners closing their doors as a result of the pandemic, many people struggling with severe anxiety and depression…. the list goes on and on.

I want to take a moment to check in and ask how you are doing (if you’re reading this, I mean YOU). While the last several months have been difficult for myself and my family in many ways, we are safe, we are together, we have access to all the resources and physical items we need, and we are doing okay. These are all things I am incredibly grateful for!

How are you? What is something you’re struggling with? Is there anything that we, your moderators, can help you with (within reason of course, such as CFF resources or words of encouragement)?

And on the flip side, so it’s not all doom and gloom, during this time of stress, is there something you’re finding joy in? What is bringing a smile to your face? What advice do you have for others who may be having a more difficult time finding things to be grateful for?

We are here to support and uplift one another, so if you are struggling, please never hesitate to reach out!

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 7 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.