• Ciaran

Posted by luisa-palazola on February 18, 2019 at 7:27 pm

It’s Monday and we’re stoked to have Ciaran as our MCM. @ciaran2892 is 26 and is from NY! Here are 3 things he wants you to know about his life with CF (answer his question at the end!): ⁣

👍 After being diagnosed with CF at just 7 months old, CF has become a everyday part of my life. Growing up, my health was always up and down like a roller coaster. I was thin, unathletic, and dreaded the coming of every spring as it usually meant allergies that would trigger respiratory infection. It was only through the support of my amazing family and friends that I made it through those years of my life to be who I am today. ⁣

👍 By the end of high school, I found the resolve to be all I could be and make something of myself one day. I worked my way through the first two years of school at my local community college and went on to finish my Bachelor’s at Binghamton University. I decided I wanted to go back for graduate school, but also wished to start working to gain as much real-world experience as I could. So, for the past three years, I have been working for the New York State Legislature by day and earning my Master’s Degree in Business Administration at SUNY New Paltz by night. I think I have truly learned to multitask over the past few years!⁣

👍 However, in addition to my academic and professional pursuits, I donate a significant amount of my time to fitness and maintaining my health. Along with my treatments, I usually visit the gym 2-3 times a week. Through all of this, I found the strength to run a Tough Mudder for the @cf_foundation this past Fall, and am happy to report that my lung function is in the mid 80’s! Ultimately, none of this would be possible without the amazing network of support I receive from my family (who I still live with while finishing my degree) and many friends, who have always supported and been there for me all along the way. Psychological health is tremendously important, and it is only through my faith and the support of my loved ones that I have been able to find the strength to fight CF. ⁣

Keep pushing, and find a way to make your goals a reality. ⁣

Does CF give you the motivation to live your life and be all you can!

For more information, follow us @cfnewstoday

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.