Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Community Member Feature: Moms with Cystic Fibrosis

• Community Member Feature: Moms with Cystic Fibrosis

Posted by jenny-livingston on December 6, 2019 at 3:03 pm

This week’s member feature is a group rather than one individual. Moms with Cystic Fibrosis was founded by Morgan Polen, a 29-year-old mother with CF. Morgan says she created the group because she wished she had something like it when she was navigating pregnancy and the beginning of her motherhood journey. Her vision for the group is to “continue providing a supportive community for prospective and current mothers with CF. Good camaraderie, face-to-face interactions with relative professionals, and a collection of resources for the group: these things are my focus.”

The group has hosted a variety of guest speakers and workshops on topics such as anxiety and depression, sleep, sex therapy, PTSD, yoga and mindfulness, and more!

Group member Kaitlin Standley says, “I’ve never felt so much love and support from a group of women who “just get it.” This group has taught me so much and I’ve actually learned a lot about myself! Yay, for self growth! And although we’ve never met in person, I feel like I’ve gained lifelong friendships from being here.”

“Being a mom is hard and adding CF on top of that makes it even harder. This group is full of supportive and understanding women who understand mom life with CF,” said Jess Bianchi.

The Moms with Cystic Fibrosis group exists on Facebook and Instagram.

This is certainly not the first or only subgroup within the larger CF community. Groups have been created for spouses of CF partners, parents of children with CF, “pet parents” with CF, those who enjoy gaming, and more. Connecting with the community, especially those who share interests or are on a similar life journey, can be so helpful and encouraging!

Are there specific groups that you find helpful? If you were to create a subgroup within the CF community, what would the focus be? We’d love to hear about your ideas and experiences in the comments! 

jenny-livingston replied 4 years, 4 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.