Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF COVID Testing: Personal Experiences?

• COVID Testing: Personal Experiences?

Posted by jenny-livingston on September 18, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Today, I had my 5th test for coronavirus. Not because I’m symptomatic or we have any reason to suspect that I’ve been exposed. I’m currently participating in a clinical trial, which means that I’ve been getting weekly COVID testing as a precaution before each of my appointments.

Admittedly, I was incredibly nervous before my first test. I’ve had extensive sinus surgeries that have left me with some trauma, nerve damage, and sinus structure so “unique” that my ENT has sent pictures of my sinuses to his colleagues. Even having a standard flu swab has caused a lot of anxiety in the past, so I wasn’t looking forward to a procedure that I’d heard described as as “brain swab.”

The first time I was tested, I voiced these fears to the nurse performing the test. She listened, then gently did the test, and everything was fine. I barely even felt it! The subsequent tests have been pretty similar — a little uncomfortable, but quick and not at all painful.

So, just for fun, I’m wondering if anyone here has been tested for COVID-19. If so, what did you think of the test? I hear that soon, my local clinic will be offering saliva testing. Have any of you experienced that? What are your thoughts on COVID testing? 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 7 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.