Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 19 of #31DaysOfCF: How I Support My Siblings

• Day 19 of #31DaysOfCF: How I Support My Siblings

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 20, 2022 at 6:19 pm

McKenna Pozsgai is 22 years old and the sister of two brothers: Matthew, a CF warrior and Adam, her twin. Throughout Matt’s journey with cystic fibrosis, McKenna has become one of his biggest advocates. She supports him by being present in his fight, and doing everything in her power to spread awareness and help find a cure for CF.

She also supports her sibling who doesn’t have CF. Being present for a sibling who doesn’t have CF is just as important as supporting those that do.

They have done it all together. When the hardest part of admissions would come each night and McKenna had to leave her mom and older brother behind, Adam was there. He was the constant in her life.

McKenna, your siblings are so fortunate to have you!

Now back to our CF Community: How do you support those members of your family with no CF?

To read the rest of McKenna’s story, and learn more about her life with her two brothers, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

paul-met-debbie replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

May 25, 2022 at 1:53 am

What a beautiful account of sibling love!

I love my two sisters for whom they are, (not) having CF does not come into this. I don’t even think of this as support. It comes naturally from being family. They are different from eachother, so my love emanates in different ways for them, but it is from the same source.

Then again, I feel everyone and everything is my family and if I can help, helping happens naturally even without the concept of helping, even without the dynamic of helper/helped. I am not searching for situations to be of help,  but  when they arise, helping also arises. When no help arises, this is  accepted also. I don’t feel guilty or proud for this, it’s just how nature works. Survival of the coöperative.