Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 23 of #31DaysOfCF: Thanks to Trikafta, the Blinders in My Life Have Come Off

• Day 23 of #31DaysOfCF: Thanks to Trikafta, the Blinders in My Life Have Come Off

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 24, 2022 at 6:32 pm

Maggie Ronayne is 26 years old and is from Southeast Michigan.

Maggie believes that having an invisible illness like cystic fibrosis is a bit of a crazy thing, because one day she’s having a great time with friends, and the next she could be in the ICU fighting for her life.

Trikafta (elexacaftor, tezacaftor, and ivacaftor) was truly a game changer for Maggie. She was able to graduate college, move out of her parents’ house, and start a full-time job.

Maggie also recognizes how Trikafta might not work for everyone, since some patients may have a rare CF mutation. But she will never stop advocating for everyone: “You also deserve to have a CF modulator that works, too.”

Maggie, we need more advocates like you!

Now back to our CF Community: How do you feel about advocating for CF?

To read the rest of Maggie’s story, and learn more about her experience with modulators, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jenny-livingston replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

May 25, 2022 at 5:42 pm

“When you’re given limited options in life due to your chronic illness, you develop tunnel vision. But now, for me, the blinders have come off.” These words struck a chord in me. Trikafta has widened my view of life once again as more things have become possible. It is truly remarkable. As Maggie says, I hope we can keep the spirit of advocacy alive until everyone with CF has a highly effective therapy option available to them.