Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 27 of #31DaysOfCF: My Sister’s Journey Inspired Me to Become an Advocate

• Day 27 of #31DaysOfCF: My Sister’s Journey Inspired Me to Become an Advocate

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 30, 2022 at 5:07 pm

Shannah Weller’s sister, Jana, passed away on January 20, 2019. Jana inspired many, both healthy and those facing their own health challenges, to live like she did. Eight years older than Shannah, she imparted so much wisdom to her and her siblings.

Shannah decided to become an advocate for cystic fibrosis, as a mechanism to not only process her grief, but to spread her sister’s message of serving others. “We (her siblings) continue to carry out her mission to be kind, courageous, and encouraging to others, no matter the circumstances.”

Your sister would be incredibly proud of you Shannah!

Now back to our CF Community: What inspired you to become an advocate? Do you have a mission?

To read the rest of Shannah’s story, and read more about her wonderful sister Jana, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

June 1, 2022 at 9:07 am

I don’t advocate CF in particular because I don’t identify with it. But I advocate life, of which CF is a natural part.

I can relate to how siblings can influence the lives of each other. My brother Rudy had CF and he died before I was born, so in a  way I also carry his torch and by living the life, contribute to what he started. Not as a pwcf, not even as a person, but as a feature of the timeless One.