Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 7 of #31DaysOfCF: Learning to Be Courageous When Things Are Scary

• Day 7 of #31DaysOfCF: Learning to Be Courageous When Things Are Scary

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 9, 2022 at 6:45 pm

This is Cheyenne and Winry Sowder’s story:

In 2016, at just 21 days old, Cheyenne’s daughter, Winry, was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Soon after Winry’s diagnosis Cheyenne realized that she needed to be able to plan, schedule, and track everything continuously. But also, to go with the flow and accept last-minute changes. Things are always changing.

Cheyenne is grateful for the people they’ve met along the way, and for the unique experiences they’ve had. She hopes to ccontinue to learn how to live a life full of fun, no matter what comes their way, as a family.

Cheyenne, you are an amazing mother!

Now back to our CF Community: How do you manage the changing nature of life with CF?

To read the rest of Cheyenne’s story, and learn more about Winry’s life, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

paul-met-debbie replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

May 10, 2022 at 1:14 am

How do I manage? By realizing that there is nothing to manage or control, plan, schedule and track. We may try this, and find over and over again that life is completely free and without agenda. It will do exactly what happens, which is seldom what we planned. So, trying to manage life is a recipe for disappointment and frustration.

In stead, I surrender fully to what is. This is a recipe for joy and amazement. It frees up my mind from 99% of thinking, and all of this power comes available for Being. This allows me to fully Be Here Now. It is amazing, realizing what is directly, without the numbing interface of my mind. I learned to do this and never went back. No, I am not living life, I am life. This power of Being is much more intelligent and sensitive to what life throws at me, and solutions are reached with almost no effort, outside the box in ways that my mind could never have come up with. Intuitions is much more intelligent and natural than our thinking mind could ever be. Now, life is effortless and natural again.

Cheers,

Paul