Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Do you ever feel disconnected from your body?

• Do you ever feel disconnected from your body?

Posted by jenny-livingston on February 12, 2021 at 9:50 am

Since starting Trikafta, I’ve frequently said that I’m experiencing a sort of disconnect. The body I’ve known so well has undergone such drastic changes that I truly feel like I don’t know her sometimes. It has felt as if I’m navigating life in a stranger’s body.

Let me be clear, most of the changes have been good, but I no longer know what my body is telling me. Symptoms present in an entirely different way, and treatment that was previously effective no longer works to resolve certain issues. It seems as though my body and I are speaking different languages these days.  It’s disconcerting to say the least.

I trust that in time, I’ll feel more connected. I’ll once again learn how to decipher the different signs and signals my body sends. But in the meantime, I wanted to ask…

Do you ever feel disconnected from your body? How do you reconnect when you feel this way? Also, for anyone else on Trikafta, do you feel similarly? 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.