Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Do you feel comfortable asking for help?

• Do you feel comfortable asking for help?

Posted by jenny-livingston on November 21, 2022 at 12:20 pm

While cleaning my house this morning, I had a TV show playing in the background when something caught my attention. One of the characters in the show had received a cancer diagnosis, but she was hesitant to ask her friend to help her through treatment. “I don’t want to be a burden,” she said. To which her friend responded, “You are not a burden, you are my heart.”

There have been so many times in my life that I’ve felt like a burden due to my health and my need for help. It’s taken a lot of work for me to unpack my feelings around this. One of the biggest breakthrough moments for me was when my partner said, “Loving you is not a burden, and these are things I would do for anyone I love.” I’ve gotten a bit better at asking for help and not feeling like a burden, but it’s still not the easiest thing for me.

Whether our needs are emotional or physical, everyone is deserving of support without feeling like a burden. So my question today is this, do you feel comfortable asking for help when you need it? Who do you lean on when things get hard?

jenny-livingston replied 1 year, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.