Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Do you share your PFT numbers publicly?

• Do you share your PFT numbers publicly?

Posted by jenny-livingston on October 16, 2019 at 10:19 am

CF is undoubtedly a numbers game – weight, lung function, blood sugar, etc. It seems like we’re constantly being bombarded with information in the form of numbers! One of the most important numbers is associated with pulmonary function testing (PFTs). Some people like to share their numbers publicly, while others choose to keep them confidential.

I stopped posting my numbers online years ago. I didn’t like the feeling of comparison and found that when I posted specific numbers, the ensuing discussions were always focused exclusively on numbers. My FEV1 doesn’t always reflect how I’m feeling, it’s constantly changing, and it’s only one part of a much bigger picture. I’d much rather discuss other things!

However, I understand that PFT results are important and helpful in understanding what’s happening inside our lungs. Sharing numbers can be a good way to connect and exchange information with others. So, while I don’t personally enjoy it, it makes a lot of sense to me that people like talking about their numbers online.

What do you think? Do you share numbers publicly? Why or why not? 

jenny-livingston replied 4 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.