• Posted by luisa-palazola on February 11, 2019 at 2:47 pm

There’s a lot of stigma that surrounds cannabis, and it’s legal status varies within what state you are in in the US. It is important to note it is still a federal offense.

Beyond that, weed has incredible medicinal advantages — but, for people with CF it seems almost intuitive to not use weed, simply because most people smoke it. And, there’s no way that smoking anything is worth its medicinal benefits.

I’m a young person in the US, and weed is everywhere. Legal or not. And, from my experience just being near the smell of weed being smoked will throw me into a coughing fit and bronchospasms that not even cigarette smoke can compare to. And because of that, I never quite was interested in weed. Until, the idea of edibles propped up on a trip to Denver.

So, I tried it. Initially it wasn’t my grind. I got paranoid, certain parts of my body would feel weird, and coughing felt like a mystical and timeless experience. I was also surrounded by friends who weren’t quite friends, so that I think exacerbated the weird feelings I got. That was some five years ago, and inevitably it propped up again in my life within different social contexts.

The second time I tried them, it was a much more pleasant experience. I was in good company, at the beach, and given the space to appreciate the experiences that would rise and fall. It was purely for recreational reasons, but I got comfortable with the herb. I found that it helped me fall asleep, and not only soothed my anxiety, but gave me a space to explore my anxiety and my fears. And take my lessons into sober life.

And, as I got older its medicinal advantages became clear and necessary. A few months ago, I was experiencing severe arthritis related to an antibiotic I was on. The thing that made those 3 weeks bearable and allowed me to live a relatively normal life were my edibles. As opposed to much harder and debilitating opioids that I was given.

Granted, weed has a bad wrap. It’s associated with stoners who live in the midst of grim and is falsely considered the gateway to “harder drugs.” I don’t condone its usage, and should you be interested — enter at your own caution in terms of legality.

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.