• Feeling Guilty about Going Out

Posted by luisa-palazola on February 13, 2019 at 5:43 pm

So, one of our awesome columnists recently wrote about “Sharing Life with CF on Social Media

And, it hit home. For various reasons. For one, I’ve always struggled with the worry and fear that I am not sick enough. When I was younger (and even now, sometimes), I thought sickness had to look, feel, and be a consistent state. How could I manage both being sick and going out to get Starbucks with a friend? Or worse, go to a party? My fear was that it would de-legitimize how sick I was, and others wouldn’t believe me. As I’ve gotten older, I’m learning sickness, and life, are not linear. That within the span of the day how you feel can change, a lot. And that, if you’re seen at a party — that’s a good thing. It doesn’t mean that how you had been feeling was a lie. It means you’re at the very least feeling a little better and want to venture out and pursue life. And, chances are you aren’t feeling 100% or even 50%.

You shouldn’t feel guilty for taking advantage of the times you feel well. Even if it’s right in between feeling miserable, and you’ve called out sick.

Do you guys every feel guilty for this?

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.