Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Finding a balance between virtual and in-person appointments?

• Finding a balance between virtual and in-person appointments?

Posted by jenny-livingston on December 13, 2022 at 8:35 am

Last week, I had CF clinic, and I am happy to report that everything went well. My favorite clinic appointments are those where there are no new issues to address and nothing too “exciting” going on.

This has largely been the case for me since starting Trikafta. That fact combined with the added benefit of having telehealth available at times means I am seeing my CF team a bit less often than I used to. We haven’t yet determined the optimal frequency of in-person visits, but it seems as if every three months isn’t necessarily the most practical anymore.

How often are you seeing your CF team? Are you primarily seen in person or via telehealth/virtual visits? How often do you feel like you need to be having in-person appointments?

William replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • gina-michele

December 13, 2022 at 3:57 pm

I am glad to read that things are going well, Jenny!  I take great interest in reading about the different, individual experiences of starting Trikafta.  Great news!

• William

December 14, 2022 at 2:43 pm

This year, I’ve done virtually all in-person visits. The last time I can recall doing a telehealth visit was right before Christmas last year. It’s certainly helpful, but I think every six months is good for an in-person visit if your health allows it. I still see them at least three or four times a year, depending on vacation/sick time that’s available.