Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Finding comfort in books (and other media)?

• Finding comfort in books (and other media)?

Posted by jenny-livingston on January 4, 2023 at 1:10 pm

In her recent column, Lara Govendo shared about her love for books. “They bring me comfort like a cozy blanket. They deliver joy to my weary soul. They’ve healed me on so many levels. And they help me escape my reality when I need a break.” During different seasons of my life, I have read more than others. Currently, when not reading textbooks, I prefer to lean into a good podcast. Different forms of media can bring comfort in their own ways.

What forms of media do you find most comfort in? What is your favorite book, podcast, TV show, etc?

William replied 1 year, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • William

January 5, 2023 at 11:08 am

I am a pop culture/sports/all consuming media nerd. I just finished Sellout by Dan Ozzi and before that was The Nineties by Chuck Klosterman. I’m a huge fan of podcasts! Every morning I listen to The Daily from The New York Times, The Bill Simmons podcast, and a variety of basketball/football podcasts. As for TV, my wife and I are binging Better Call Saul and it’s fantastic. Growing up an only child definitely influenced how I’ve consumed media and it’s definitely a form of comfort for me.