Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Fundraising — do you participate?

• Fundraising — do you participate?

Posted by jenny-livingston on January 26, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Yesterday, on a call with some of the ladies at my local CF Foundation chapter, I learned that our Great Strides event will be virtual this year. For those who don’t know, Great Strides is the CF Foundation’s largest national fundraising event.

Generally, it’s a large outdoor event where teams of friends and family gather to walk 5K together. There is music, food, vendors, and it basically feels like a big party. It has become one of my family’s favorite traditions. The energy at these events — seeing thousands of people rally together for the same cause — is truly heartwarming.

However, due to the pandemic, the main event was cancelled last year. It was moved to a virtual platform and teams/individuals walked on their own. Once again, that will be the case (thanks, COVID!) but I’m still excited to participate.

I’m curious…

Do you participate in Great Strides or other CF fundraising events? If you’re not in the United States, are there similar events in your country/area? I’d love to hear about your experience with fundraising. 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.