Tagged: MCM, my story with CF
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 4 months ago by Luisa Palazola.
January 29, 2019 at 1:07 pm #11367
Hey y’all, every week we feature a #MCM on our Instagram page. Today we featured Grant Montague from UK. Here are 3 things he defines as important to HIS story with CF
“A little later than usual for us, but we’re nonetheless here for Man Crush Monday and are stoked to introduce Grant as our MCM! @ is 41 years old and here are three aspects of HIS story with CF. Be sure to answer his question in the comments below!
1. Soon after birth, my parents took me into hospital because they felt something wasn’t right: I had a loose cough and had to be propped up to sleep. Hospital staff disregarded and said I was fine. That kind of thing happened a lot through childhood. I was diagnosed with asthma and allergies and suffered with numerous lung infections. I was pancreatic sufficient until adulthood and was very active, which I’m sure helped counter progression and prolong diagnosis.
2. I was finally diagnosed at 21, with a 50% lung function, long term staph, and became PI soon after. My health deteriorated gradually over the years as you’d expect with CF. Until it reached its worse point several years later. Underweight, 20 year staph colonisation, pseudomonas, collapsed lung tissue, and FEV as low as 36%.That was a serious wake up call and a lot changed then. I started weight training at home, cardio, researched and incorporated integrative treatments. Over 18 months I cleared all infections, regained lung function, and became a PT. I’ve since started Symdeko and at 41 I’m in the best health of my life.
3. CF has been very difficult and painful but doesn’t have to be a life sentence. Maybe a crazy thing to say, but it’s made me who I am today and I wouldn’t change it. Be grateful for what you have in life and keep a positive attitude as much as you can. We’re strong, and are capable of amazing things if we believe in ourselves and work hard. Make your dreams and goals BIG, if you don’t fail along the way they’re not big enough. What’s your goals for 2019?”
To check out more visit our IG page here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtM9B7WHbjR/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.