Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Luisa Palazola
      Keymaster

This is kinda a venting post. But, I reflect on how CF has impacted me, and I think its biggest impact has been on my mental health.

I grew up with severe anxiety and as I got to college, it turned into a need for control. If I could maintain control over school, maintaining thriving friendships and social life, while keeping my health a focus — CF didn’t seem so intimidating.

And that worked well, until something happened and I spiraled. Usually I spiraled when something I didn’t prepare for happened. Death of a friend (not with CF) or a serious hospitalization (that I didn’t think my body was capable of) happened. Depression, is what they call it. And when I fell, it was hard.

Trauma.

And then, I slowly, very slowly, still slowly had to learn to let go of that control. Which is A LOT easier said than done.

I’m at a point where I still have anxiety and I’ve gone through therapists and different medications to help. It wasn’t until my most recent scary/traumatic event that I really buckled down to get the help I needed. And, I’m really impressed with myself for making sure I took care of myself, despite the impending depression spiral I was in.

It took me a LONG time. And, a really good medicine and therapist. And then, the concept of letting started finally started making sense.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account