Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF I’m proud of us: reflections on the past year

• I’m proud of us: reflections on the past year

Posted by jenny-livingston on March 22, 2021 at 11:05 am

Recently, I’ve been reflecting on the past year. As the weather changes and signs of spring are popping up all around, I’ve been reminded of all the things my little family was experiencing at this same time last year. We’d begun our lockdown/quarantine and were trying to fill our time with outdoor activities (fortunately, we live in an area where we could explore outside without encountering other people). I shared this on Instagram and thought I’d share here as well.

This picture was taken exactly one year ago. We were just settling into quarantine life with no clue what we’d experience or how our world would change due to this pandemic.

A year later, I want to publicly acknowledge how dang proud I am of us all!

We’ve made some difficult choices and sacrifices, learned a lot about ourselves and those we share this earth with, and we’ve persevered through some pretty dreadful circumstances. We weren’t always happy about it, but we did it. And that is indeed something to be proud of!

If you’re reading this right now, I want you to know that I’m proud of YOU, too. It’s been a rough year (understatement of the century) but you’re here. You did it! We did it!

– – – – – – – – – –

Living through a global pandemic is challenging; simply navigating life right now is something I believe to be worthy of celebration. Is there something that happened in the last year that you’re especially proud of? What about a person you’d like to give a shoutout to? 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.