• Introductions

Posted by luisa-palazola on January 7, 2019 at 11:15 am

Introductions are a bit cliché, and I feel weird typing this. But, I’m Luisa and I’m 25 years old and I have cystic fibrosis. I think the most unusual facet of my CF diagnosis is that I was diagnosed at 9 years old, after a reoccurring bout of pneumonia. There’s a lot that’s happened since I was nine, and in terms of my health, my biggest issues have been with coughing up blood (hemoptysis), and anxiety and depression.

I’ve also graduated college, with a degree in Political Science and International Studies. I’ve travelled all through Latin America, and even studied abroad for a summer in Costa Rica. I quite enjoy raccoons and any other rodent like animal, capable of carrying rabies. But, my passion is advocacy — and because, I’m intrinsically part of the CF community and Latin community, I find myself doing what I can (and researching what’s theoretically impossible) to bring better medications, therapies, and education to CF communities in Latin America.

Tell us a little about yourself?

blastergirl replied 5 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • tre-larosa

January 8, 2019 at 9:11 am

Hey all, I’m Tré LaRosa! I’m 24 years old and live in Cincinnati, OH. I work as a scientist in a CF lab, write a column for CF News Today called Mutations & Conversations, and write on my own blog at trelarosa.com. I recently lost my sister who also had CF in March of last year due to chronic rejection after her second double lung transplant. We’ve always both been open about our CF and have always considered ourselves to be big advocates for the community. I’m hoping these forums can be a great place for discussion in the CF community as I believe every voice is important to the discourse! Looking forward to working on this!

• michael-morale

January 8, 2019 at 10:03 am

Hey everyone, my name is Michael Morale, and I’m the Forums and Multimedia Director for BioNews Services. Tre LaRosa and Luisa Palazola are the two moderators for the Cystic Fibrosis forum. Both of them are dedicated to helping each and every one of you find the information that you need to not only make your life better, but to also bring you hope of the vast amount of work that’s being done with regards to Cystic Fibrosis. Please do not hesitate to ask Tre or Luisa for help in finding a topic, and also feel free to suggest a topic that you would like them to talk about. Our goal is to serve your needs and to make your life better and more fulfilling.

• blastergirl

March 5, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Hello! I’m Ashley, live in Kansas city and my daughter is 3 y/o and has CF.ive been following the Facebook page for a couple of years now and always appreciate the info on there. Want to learn as much as I can so I can use that knowledge to help my child.