Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Issues with mail order pharmacies

• Issues with mail order pharmacies

Posted by jenny-livingston on January 24, 2020 at 6:19 pm

I’ve been spoiled when it comes to pharmacies and getting my specialty meds. For the last couple years, I’ve been able to fill my prescriptions at a specialty pharmacy that works directly with my hospital/care team. I’ve gotten a call from the pharmacy tech, placed my order, and had my meds magically show up on my doorstep the next day.

Due to insurance changes (that I wasn’t even aware would be taking place, thanks to a lack of communication from my insurance company) I had to switch pharmacies at the beginning of the year.  Which means that I’ve been thrown back into the world of mail order pharmacies…. yuck! I’ve already gotten the run around from two pharmacies, had prescriptions mysteriously disappear, and had medications temporarily lost in the mail (thankfully, it was delivered a day later).

I’m still spoiled in that the pharmacy tech at my center has been incredibly helpful during this transition. But it’s a frustrating process that I’m sure many of you have experienced as well.

How do you get your specialty meds filled? Have you, like me, had issues with mail order pharmacies? 

jenny-livingston replied 4 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.