• Kensie Riedel

Posted by luisa-palazola on February 20, 2019 at 7:13 pm

We’re excited to have Kynsie as our WCW this week! @kynsieriedel is 23 years old and is from Vancouver, Washington. These are three things SHE wants you to know about her life with CF (be sure to answer her question!): ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    🌿 Growing up, I really struggled emotionally and mentally with my health. I hated that I wasn’t like “everyone else” and did my best to avoid doing treatments around anyone. I was ashamed of having Cystic Fibrosis, and the weight of that shame really impacted my compliance. As an adult, I’ve figured out that looking “normal” didn’t value to my life. It took my freedom to be myself, and to be open out my health. I went from hiding my medical equipment from friends to keeping a basket in my living room where anyone could see. I realized that once I gave up the idea of being “normal,” I gave myself the ability to live a surprisingly normal life! ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    🌿 I struggled with guilt for not treating my body better throughout my adolescences. It was a huge hurdle for me to let go of those feelings and to forgive myself for that time, but I learned from my mistakes! I gave myself room to grow, and permissions to change. It’s never too late to do better. I’m learning the balance of being content and grateful for where I am in my journey, but also pushing harder and demanding more of myself.⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    🌿 In recent years, I’ve dedicated myself to exercising more, eating better and taking advantage of all the amazing medical advances that have happened since I was diagnosed in 1996. I remind myself daily that food is medicine, movement is medicine, and medicine is medicine. Together, those three things help me to be the best wife, mother, and patient that I can be! ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    How would you like to see yourself grow this year?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHfdYEHUM_/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.