• Kyle

Posted by luisa-palazola on March 19, 2019 at 11:45 am

Hey guys! We’re excited to have Kyle as our MCM this week. @the_cf_fighter is 32 & from Adelaide, Australia. Here are three things important to HIS story with CF. Be sure to answer his question below! ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣

💪🏻 I was diagnosed with CF just a few days after birth. I ended up having a meconium ileus and my parents were told that I would most likely not make it past the age 1. I continued to defy odds and then make it to age of 5, then 10, and the doctors continued with the same message, “Kyle won’t make it to 18.” This has now become one of my biggest goals in life, to prove that doctors can’t put a timeframe on someone’s life.⁣⁣ ⁣⁣

💪🏻 I am now 32 years old, I work full time, have my own home, I am married and we have 2 beautiful daughters. This has become my new motivation in life, survive for them. And, I am doing my hardest to stay healthy. I am actively involved in Obstacle Course Racing and running events. I have taken part in the World Championship OCR 24hr Race, where I completed 34km and 90 obstacles, with 80 penalty burpees for obstacle fails. I encourage anyone to get out and exercise; whether you have CF, another underlying disability, or no disability at all. The benefits to living a healthy lifestyle are tremendous, and the benefits are not just physical but also emotionally beneficial for mental health. I am now training to tackle my first ever 56km Ultra Marathon in September 2019.⁣⁣ ⁣⁣

💪🏻I am currently the Cystic Fibrosis South Australian Ambassador and my main goal is to be an inspiration and encourage the younger generation of CFers. This is very important to me, as I feel that the children and teenagers need someone that they can look up to and know that although life can be tough, there are ways to manage CF and live a life to the fullest. As an OCR racer the following quote means a lot and can be used in anyones day to day life, and is something that I feel rings true to a cystic fibrosis sufferer: “Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for.”⁣⁣ ⁣⁣

Question: When obstacles are placed in front of you, do you take them head on and fight for your life or do you let them overcome you?

For more information, follow the link here.

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.