• Let’s Dream BIG Together….

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on September 20, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Yesterday was truly so special. I had my long rehearsal day with my Company (Sunday is basically my biggest work day of the week) from about 12:30 to 9 (although last night I didn’t get home until 11 pm- eek!) We run through dances, set things, and work with various age groups nonstop throughout the evening.

However, last night we had a special surprise… 3 of our ComeBacks dancers arrived to watch our rehearsal process! My eldest daughter was so shocked and excited that she burst into happy tears (you can see here).

The reason my girls and dancers are so close with our ComeBacks artists is because they are a “sister company” of my primary dance company, and have met and performed with many of our cast and crew. Although they are technically a dance company for those with chronic illness, they’re also just dancers. Amazing, moving, beautiful dancers and people.

Still, the fact a dance company for those with chronic illness exists is something special, and sometimes I forget how amazing it even is. Last night was an important reminder.

So my question is this:

If you could create a more inclusive space in the world under any skill, topic, theme… What would you create? 

A school that allows sick kids to have some normalcy? A theme park that does the same? Dream BIG!

What do you wish was more inclusive for those with Cystic Fibrosis and those beyond?

bailey-anne-vincent replied 2 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.