• Posted by luisa-palazola on April 16, 2019 at 10:23 am

Hey guys, we’re honored to be able to share Jose as our MCM today. Jose is 26 years old and is from California. Here are 3 things important to HIS story with CF:⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣⁣
    ✊🏽I was born in LA and diagnosed with CF shortly after. My cousin Desiree also had CF ,which is what prompted my diagnosis. My mother coming from Mexico to the US, not speaking the language, and not having a clue what CF was and the uncertainty of my future was scary. My health was stable and within 3 years my brother, Samuel, was born and also had CF. The constant coughing, countless doctors appointments, the exacerbations, the tune ups, breathing treatments and therapy. We played, we laughed, we ran, we cried, we loved but, above all we never stopped living! ⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣⁣
    ✊🏽 As I got bolder and stronger, CF did too. Breathing became more difficult. My brother would get admitted, and I would get discharged. Until our docs decided to admit us both at the same time to prevent any cross infection. Samuel and I shared the bond of brothers, but our bond was deeper than siblings. We knew what each other was going through. 2011 was the worst year of my life. I graduated from high school, but it was the last year I would hold, hug , kiss, see, and spend time with my brother. Samuel passed away Sept. 9 at the age of 15. I lost my best friend, a brother who I’ll miss until the end. He said to me “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero,” I’d like to think he knew he had a higher calling. ⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣⁣
    ✊🏽 My doctors didn’t think I would make to my teens. They didn’t think I would make it to my 18th birthday. They also didn’t think I would make it to my 21st birthday. I am now 26 years old, a realtor and happily married to a beautiful soul, who didn’t see just CF but acknowledged CF and saw me for the person I am and will be. She loves unconditionally & together we embarked on our new journey: double lung transplant. We have put our faith and trust in God. Each breath I take is of strength, gratitude, and most importantly the will to live. I live for our future together, CF awareness , for the memory of my cousin Desiree and my brother, Samuel. ⁣⁣⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣⁣⁣
    What is your why? ⁣⁣⁣⁣

Follow the link here to see the full post!

luisa-palazola replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.