• Sean

Posted by luisa-palazola on August 19, 2019 at 11:39 am

Every week, we feature a Man Crush Monday on our CF News Today Instagram channel. This week we had Sean, and here is what he had to say:

Hey y’all! We’re back from our MCM break and so stoked to have Sean! @sean_wiere is 24 years old and is from Oahu, Hawaii! Here are three things that are important to HIS story with CF. Be sure to answer his question in the comments below! ⁣⠀
    ⁣⠀
    ⁣⠀
    🏄🏼‍♂️ I was diagnosed at age 5 due to an emergency appendectomy. I was in secret denial of my disease until I joined IG and found all the love and support from the CF community. I believe mental health is extremely important in staying healthy with this disease, which in times is impossible to avoid negativity and stress. The stresses of a man being masculine, a provider, and a valuable communicator on top of the long list of CF difficulties adds up!⁣⠀
    ⁣⠀
    🏄🏼‍♂️ I currently live on Oahu getting my Master of Science in Molecular Bioengineering at the University of Hawaii, Manoa. I found science to be extremely challenging and interesting. Getting my B.S. in Biology is so far the biggest accomplishment of my life considering the difficulties I have had with passing science courses in high school. My dream is to work in a huge biotech lab and be on the front page of Times magazine for curing a disease. I am getting married next year on the Gold Coast to my beautiful Aussie fiancée! She’s aight ;)⁣⠀
    ⁣⠀
    🏄🏼‍♂️ I grew up surfing at the ripe age of 5, and also played multiple sports including wrestling, golf, and basketball. Surfing and the ocean is my life! I believe it is the main reason as to why, in CF terms, I am relatively “healthy”. My daily ocean retreat from the struggles of this disease day to day is essential. The amount of mucus I get up is disgusting to everyone around me in the water and I use it to my advantage to get the best waves. I am extremely lucky to have grown up on the southern coast of California and currently shred the big waves of the north shore on Oahu! I will soon return to California once I graduate with my master’s degree next year.⁣⠀
    ⁣⠀
    What is your daily retreat from the struggles of this disease?

luisa-palazola replied 4 years, 8 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.