• Medication shaming?

Posted by jenny-livingston on August 24, 2021 at 9:58 am

Today, on Instagram (a platform I know many of my friends on the forum do not use) we’re talking about medication shaming. I asked people to share their specific experiences with medication shaming or to describe the kind of overall affect is has had on them. Here are a few responses:

“[I’ve been] told they’re toxic and are killing me, which is funny because I’d actually die without them.”

“I experience it a lot regarding mental health meds, like I should just try harder.”

“I’ve had a lot of people tell me that it’s all in my head. That I need to stay off medicine.”

“While my brother was undergoing his double lung transplant, we got a message on his Facebook page from this lady with MLM (multi level marketing) saying that this doctor she knew had cured CF and that if my brother took his supplements he wouldn’t have needed his double lung transplant.

“I was told by a family member that I was tricked by Big Pharma and was poisoning my son with his medications.”

“Friend told me her grandpa stopped some medication and got better. She told me I should try that too, I’m frustrated by a world that struggles to understand the reality of chronic illness.”

Have you experienced medication shaming? Have you ever felt like friends, family, or acquaintances don’t understand the need for “so many” medications? I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

jenny-livingston replied 2 years, 8 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.