• Microgoals for Longer Days

Posted by luisa-palazola on March 7, 2019 at 5:18 pm

Being a young adult and having chronic illness is, frustrating and overwhelming, at times. And, ever since I started a CFTR modulator therapy — most days, I feel like I can conquer the world. Yet, I still have cystic fibrosis, which is sometimes a tough pill that is still difficult to swallow.

And, somedays you don’t realize you’re having trouble accepting that your disease wrecks havoc. Today is one of those days. It’s a day where, I’ve had so many things to do, and a list to complete. But, getting through my workload felt like I was going around in circles, without really doing anything. I kept asking myself why am I so slow and lethargic today?

I slept.

I ate well.

I did my treatments.

What is going on with me today?

It can’t be that I’m sick.

I started hearing small quant rattles in my lungs. My throat felt a little sore. And my eyes drooped.

Perhaps I’m psycho-symptomatic, is what I thought and continued going in circles.

Then the thought of micro-goals surfaced in my mind. Doing little tasks to make me feel accomplished. I started reminding myself that it is okay to not get everything done in the day. That even small tasks done, are tasks completed. As, I started toying with the idea of micro accomplishments. I started accepting that maybe today, I’m just not feeling well. And, that it was okay to let myself rest, that I wouldn’t be a sham or lazy. And, that tomorrow is another day to try again.

luisa-palazola replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.