Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Luisa Palazola
      Keymaster

I’ve been dealing with pretty gnarly migraines over the last few weeks. I’m no stranger to migraines, in fact when I was 16, I was admitted because of getting migraines. That admission, I also had an MRI of my head — and, it turns out I have a birth abnormality called Arnold Chiari Malformation — type 1.5 to be exact. It’s the when the

“lower part of the cerebellum — but not the brain stem — extends into an opening at the base of the skull”

I don’t think it was a major concern to my team, but I was referred to a neurosurgeon and neurologist. The surgeon didn’t think it would cause me any problems in the forseeable future, but surgery could be needed as I get older — I think to relieve the pressure. And, my migraines were handled with a prescription for Keppra (an anti convulsant) for long term management, and sumatriptan for immediate relief.

Anyways, because I’ve been having headaches again — my lil skull malformation has been lingering in my mind. I feel like the headaches associated with a chiari malformation are pretty brutal — and, right now I’m an annoyed and nauseated. So, I think it’s just time to see a neurologist and figure out a game plan and perhaps up my dose of Keppra. Part of me is inclined to look into hypnosis as well.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account