• Posted by luisa-palazola on March 5, 2019 at 3:23 pm

I have cystic fibrosis and I have a strict treatment regime that I am committed to doing daily, as they are an inherent part of being able to actually live. I am also human and sometimes my decisions feel like they undermine my want to live.

Today I missed my treatments. It wasn’t a decision that I was cornered into — you know those days where you wake up extremely late, or a friend calls saying it’s our one time chance to meet Ellen Degeneres, but we have to leave now (okay, that’s never happened and I imagine Ellen would want me to do my treatments first). But, you get what I mean?

It was a decision I made. I wanted to get my day started sooner, and I forsake my treatments to do work. It’s literally 3PM — some seven hours later and I’m still thinking about it. Probably, because I can feel the difference. But, also because I was wonder if I made the right choice — am I kidding myself thinking I can get away with this sh*t?

There’s not much I can do right now, other than accept my decisions and do better by me next time. And go to the gym.

Sometimes we make crappy decisions, and we have a choice on how we’re going to move forward.

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.