• Monday Shoutout: Cindy Baldwin

Posted by jenny-livingston on February 22, 2021 at 7:10 pm

Shout Out to Cindy Baldwin, Author with Cystic Fibrosis!⠀

@cindybaldwinbooks is the author of the critically acclaimed novel Where the Watermelons Grow (an Oregon Spirit Book Award Honor, Indies Introduce title, and Indie Next selection), Beginners Welcome, and The Stars of Whistling Ridge. She lives just outside Portland, OR with her husband and daughter.⠀

Cindy has CF and her health challenges have always been both a big part of her life and a big influence on her writing. One of her first books was a melodrama about a princess locked in a tower that featured villains named most cleverly after two of her inhaled medications (Albuterol and Vanceril, in case you’re wondering).⠀

For as long as she can remember, Cindy has wanted to tell stories—probably because her imagination was so vivid as a child that she was convinced that the Three Bears slept on the other side of her queen-sized bed, and as an adult Cindy uses her gift to amaze and entertain people all around the world.

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

February 24, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Cindy was one of the first people with CF I “met” online. I think it was probably in 2009, and we’ve been friends ever since. I am so very proud of her accomplishments and I have always loved her writing.