• Monday Shoutout: Dylan Mertz

Posted by jenny-livingston on November 15, 2021 at 6:21 pm

Shout Out to Dylan Mertz!

Supported by his family and the renowned University of Minnesota Health Cystic Fibrosis Center, lacrosse player and CF patient @dylan_mertz lets nothing stand in his way.⠀

Dylan Mertz is a seven-sport athlete: he plays football, basketball, golf, track, baseball, lacrosse, and skiing. He has also lived with CF and for much of his life. Dylan works out almost daily, makes good nutritional choices and focuses on keeping his body healthy. Though his interests span many different activities, he is most passionate about lacrosse. Since picking up his first lacrosse stick, he has dreamt of playing at the college level. In many ways, he’s the picture of health.⠀

Even though Dylan is like any other high school sports aficionados, there’s just one thing that makes him different from the others: his health condition. But that does not stop or slow Dylan down! For now, Dylan’s focus is on living his life fully and chasing his dreams. “CF is not who I am, it’s what I have,” Dylan said. “It does not define me, and it does not limit me.”⠀

We love Dylan’s resilience! He is truly unstoppable! Way to go!⠀
    .⠀

jenny-livingston replied 2 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.