Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Luisa Palazola
      Keymaster

It’s WCW and we’re so stoked to have Morgan here! @morganapolen is 28 and is from Baltimore, Maryland! Here are three things important to HER story with CF: ⁣

😍 Diagnosed at 3 months of age, I’ve managed cystic fibrosis my whole life. Today, I have a loving husband, Tim & a 7 month old baby girl, Jane-Kelly. With the help of God, family, my community, research, and care providers, we’ve made this possible. Growing up I played sports year round: lacrosse, basketball, softball, karate, cheerleading, and field hockey. My parents made sure I tried almost everything so that I could find ones I liked! Exercise was and is so important; it is the main contributor to my lung function today: 94% (original lungs!)

😍 I went to college, a four year school, and studied psychology. It wasn’t for me, or it just wasn’t the time. I would call myself a family woman; I really wanted to invest in my father’s company, so that’s what I did and continue to do! Working for my family’s company, I had the support I needed in my occupation to pursue the role of adequately managing my health as an adult with CF. Whether that meant bringing a laptop to the hospital during inpatient care or working from home, I have this ability and it’s one of my greatest treasures.⁣

😍 I have a passion for helping people! In my spare time over the past few years, I would donate 16 hours a week as a crisis counselor. I have found myself creating boxes full of necessities for the homeless and being a part of recreational activities at St. Vincent’s Villa for children with behavioral and emotional needs. At the moment, I am in the process of starting up a non-profit for those in end stage disease, that request for special arrangements to be made for loved ones after their passing. This is where I want to be in life: growing and investing in my family and giving back to people.⁣

I love learning from and listening to the CF community along the way of this journey we call life. I can say having CF has influenced my desire to help others and appreciate support from loved ones/ be family oriented. My question I leave for you is have you discovered your passions and did your CF play a part?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account