• Morgan Polen

Posted by luisa-palazola on February 14, 2019 at 2:07 pm

It’s WCW and we’re so stoked to have Morgan here! @morganapolen is 28 and is from Baltimore, Maryland! Here are three things important to HER story with CF: ⁣

😍 Diagnosed at 3 months of age, I’ve managed cystic fibrosis my whole life. Today, I have a loving husband, Tim & a 7 month old baby girl, Jane-Kelly. With the help of God, family, my community, research, and care providers, we’ve made this possible. Growing up I played sports year round: lacrosse, basketball, softball, karate, cheerleading, and field hockey. My parents made sure I tried almost everything so that I could find ones I liked! Exercise was and is so important; it is the main contributor to my lung function today: 94% (original lungs!)

😍 I went to college, a four year school, and studied psychology. It wasn’t for me, or it just wasn’t the time. I would call myself a family woman; I really wanted to invest in my father’s company, so that’s what I did and continue to do! Working for my family’s company, I had the support I needed in my occupation to pursue the role of adequately managing my health as an adult with CF. Whether that meant bringing a laptop to the hospital during inpatient care or working from home, I have this ability and it’s one of my greatest treasures.⁣

😍 I have a passion for helping people! In my spare time over the past few years, I would donate 16 hours a week as a crisis counselor. I have found myself creating boxes full of necessities for the homeless and being a part of recreational activities at St. Vincent’s Villa for children with behavioral and emotional needs. At the moment, I am in the process of starting up a non-profit for those in end stage disease, that request for special arrangements to be made for loved ones after their passing. This is where I want to be in life: growing and investing in my family and giving back to people.⁣

I love learning from and listening to the CF community along the way of this journey we call life. I can say having CF has influenced my desire to help others and appreciate support from loved ones/ be family oriented. My question I leave for you is have you discovered your passions and did your CF play a part?

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.