• My Schedule System: On and Off

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on October 21, 2020 at 10:58 am

I’m going to pivot from talking about hospitals and food, and ask something more pertinent to our everyday lives: Schedules.

How do you build your weekly schedule to fit your physical needs?

I have found (over the years) that I do best with a 1-Day-On, 1-Day-Off sort of system, whenever possible. I prefer to work insanely hard for one day (I mean exhaustively hard with very few breaks), but then have absolutely nothing planned the next so I can rest up.

For me, it’s hard to find balance with fatigue, surprise symptoms, or incentive otherwise. If I know, “Today is the crazy day. You just have to push through today to get a day off,” then I often can and do. And then I feel “rewarded” with a day to actually listen to my body and lay down if I need (even if my “days off” still feature two kids to full-time homeschool, lol).

This schedule felt especially important when I was actively teaching dance outside of the home, since most days would go until late at night. It was incredibly hard to keep going when days were back-to-back (as they often were). The more back-to-back my schedule was, the more likely I’d end up in the hospital or having a complication.

What about you? Do you prefer a certain type of schedule, or are you generally fine with weekday 9 to 5s?

bailey-anne-vincent replied 3 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.