Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Treating CF CFTR Modulators No longer confined to the sidelines — a Trikafta story

• No longer confined to the sidelines — a Trikafta story

Posted by jenny-livingston on January 15, 2020 at 11:30 am

I’ve been on Trikafta for just over two months now, and I feel like it’s been a bit of a disappointment when I’ve said that my day-to-day life hasn’t changed that much. This drug is supposed to be “life changing” after all.

Well, yesterday we went sledding and at one point, my nephew was waiting for me at the top of the hill so we could sled down together. So I ran up the hill to meet him.

Did you catch that? I ran up a hill! 

I don’t like to climb hills, even when I’m “hiking.” And I don’t run. Ever. For any reason. It’s just too painful.

But yesterday, I ran up that dang hill more times than I can count. I didn’t collapse or nearly vomit from coughing, and my lungs didn’t hurt or feel like they were seizing up. I felt fine!

Although at one point, I did sit down at the top of the hill and cry because I was hit with a startling realization. I wasn’t watching from the sidelines as I so often do. I was able to run and play with my kid for the first time that I can remember. Do you know how crazy that is?!

Last night as I was putting Morgan to bed, I felt tears on her cheek as I kissed her goodnight.

“Oh, no, honey. Why are you crying?” I asked.

“Because you ran up a hill,” she sobbed. Then she assured me, “they’re happy tears.”

This. Is. Life. Changing. 

You can watch a video here.

If you’re on Trikafta, have you had an “aha” moment like this one? 

jenny-livingston replied 4 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.