Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and CF Pandemic Pause: Are You Still Able To Work?

• Pandemic Pause: Are You Still Able To Work?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on August 19, 2020 at 10:03 am

Yesterday I posted on my Instagram stories about how both my husband and I are looking for remote or less-social jobs right now. He is a special needs teacher and behavioral counselor, but that means all potential work would place him in schools… pushing into homes… or grabbing hours at a restaurant or similar position. Because of my health and elderly parents, we are hoping to avoid exposure until there is a vaccine or a better solution by moving into a new field all together. (Admittedly, he was wanting a change long before the pandemic hit, but now feels stuck in his options.)

I am considering the same. As a writer, editor and beyond, I have the advantage with many remote positions… but my normal life’s work (dancing and teaching) is pretty high risk too, so I’ve been forced to pause. I don’t want to be a part of the problem, nor do I want to hurt my parents with possible exposure… But, we have to pay the bills also!

How are you handling risk of exposure at work during this pandemic?

I’m curious how this has hit other CFers or their family members and caregivers.

Has anyone in your family had to make adjustments or change their career position?

bailey-anne-vincent replied 3 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.