Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Physical symptoms as a result of clinic anxiety?

• Physical symptoms as a result of clinic anxiety?

Posted by jenny-livingston on October 2, 2019 at 12:24 pm

I’ve begun noticing a pattern where I start feeling sick shortly before my clinic appointments. Sometimes, it’s stomach pain, other times I’ll think I’m at the beginning of an exacerbation. Yet, after clinic, those symptoms completely disappear! My working theory is that my clinic anxiety is manifesting itself through these physiological symptoms.

Do you get anxiety related to clinic appointments? Do you ever experience something like this?

ziv-gudes replied 4 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ziv-gudes

October 9, 2019 at 9:48 am

it sometimes happen to me too, the one thing that usually happen is the sputum culture. i cant get at the clinic “regular” sputum like from the deep of the lungs and this is effecting the treatment i get.. that maybe i have a bug in the airway that i cant know about it and even my doctor cant. weeks or 2 before and after the “right” sputum is out at the pulmonary drainage by physical therapist or during inhalation (less likely). the second ; i can feel exacerbation few days after my clinic appointment and while i was there ..they definitely didnt exist then…
    the 3rd and most annoying ! – i cant know how my FEV1 will be . even if i feel great.. this test can bite me in the ass.. i can feel that i breath freely and my FEV1 drops 10-12 %.. or vice versa i know for sure that i have exacerbation and i feel less good and obviously the doctor will prescribe me antibiotics for 2-4 weeks.. and boom ! my FEV1 its the same (which is good) or even higher !! i 28 years old and this test never gets easier.

• ziv-gudes

October 11, 2019 at 1:42 am

sorry about my ignorence but what its PFT ?

• ziv-gudes

October 11, 2019 at 9:57 am

oh . so FEV1 and his “friends”