Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Prednisone Problems: Who Can Relate?

• Prednisone Problems: Who Can Relate?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on February 27, 2020 at 5:05 pm

After being off Prednisone about a week, I am back on again because I’m feeling so rotten after this latest sinus surgery. As I’ve mentioned in the past, Prednisone definitely makes me breakout (why oh why?!?), feel sweaty and “rage-ful”, and eventually have a healthy amount of fluff-face. I honestly don’t even care as much about the round face as I do the painful, broken-out complexion… especially because so few others seem to post about this side effect. I feel a like a teenager going through a hormonal crisis!

Reading about how Brad Dell, one of the columnists here, dealt with steroid withdrawal also gave me room for pause because… Wow, there are so many downsides to a medication that brings me so much relief!

My question today is: What medication do you hate the most but feel the best taking?

(Also, on a selfish and shallow side, does anyone have any tips for dealing with steroids? My kids talk about how grumpy I can be, and I feel so hot-tempered and hot-hot- sweaty and stressy- so much of the time. Tips, tricks or just general commiseration would be so appreciated!)

bailey-anne-vincent replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.