Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Luisa Palazola
      Keymaster

Original post found here.

Hey guys! We’re stoked to have Sarah as our WCW this week. @saltysarah65 is 29 years old and lives in LA. Here are three things important to HER story with CF. Be sure to answer her question below.⠀
      ⁣⠀
      ❣️They said I would not live to see jr high, but 29 years later I’m still going strong. ⁣⠀
      I didn’t have my first hospitalization until I was 9 years old. My FEV1 was still in the 90’s throughout my teens. My early twenties were tougher. More IVs, longer hospital stays, tougher bugs in my lungs to fight, and a big drop in FEV1 (high 60s). After a lot of hard work, my FEV1 is now back up to 73% as of my last clinic appointment. I’d love to get it to 80%.⁣⠀
      ⁣⠀
      ❣️Despite my CF progression, my life has been wonderful. It took 7 years, but I eventually graduated with a degree in nutrition, dietetics and food science in 2015. I met my husband during that time and we married in 2014. Currently we are trying to have children. My CF doctor feels my health is in a good place, so we are hoping that will happen soon – either naturally or through adoption. In the meantime, we rescued a cat and she’s our fur baby. ⁣⠀
      ⁣❣️The mental wellness side of having a chronic illness was not something I really paid attention to until I met my husband. He opened my eyes to the idea of how powerful our thoughts can be in physical well-being. Of course, I know that CF can’t just go away with enough “happy thoughts.” But, I can attest that maintaining a positive worldview has been transformative in my overall mental and physical wellness, as well as my outlook on life in the last few years, despite my FEV1 decline. I am very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. They contribute greatly to my overall quality of life.⁣⠀
      ⁣⠀
      ⁣⠀
      Q: What is one thing you wish you could go back and your younger self? Advice? Reveal something about your future?⁣⠀
      ⁣⠀
      A: – Mine would be 1) high five myself for doing good complying with my treatments all those years. And 2) comfort myself teenage-self that I do deserve (and ultimately find) an amazing guy who loves me, CF and all. Even though it took longer to find him than I would have wanted, he was worth it.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account