Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Bailey Vincent
      Keymaster

I saw a tweet this week really struck me (so much so that I wrote a column about it). It was from @crutches&spice and it said: “You cannot honestly look at the statistics of those who are denied care and respect in medical settings and think that diagnoses are easily accessed by the marginalized.”

A majority of patients with Cystic Fibrosis are diagnosed at birth, so perhaps we are not the typical example of long diagnostic journeys. However, have any of YOU felt that your race impacted your treatment in medicine over the years? Or even just “how you look”?

Personally, I definitely feel I have an advantage as a white “agreeable” woman (so say my charts) as opposed to BIPOC peers. Then again, I also have had socioeconomic hurdles throughout the years, as well as assumptions about my eating habits since I’m on thin side.

How much do you feel your appearance should play a part in the medicinal process?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account