• Sunday Morning (17)

Posted by paul-met-debbie on June 28, 2021 at 7:24 am

In ten days we will be getting our second Moderna covid vaccination. Two weeks after that, we will be “fully protected”, as the story goes. Really, will it be so? And will it feel so?

No. And no. It’s not rocket-science* to foresee that the near future holds no security when it comes to covid. In many parts of Europe the delta-mutation is rapidly spreading and will be prominent in a few weeks thanks to the stream of holiday traffic that is building at the moment. Because vaccination does not provide 100% protection and every new mutation seems to be more contagious than its predecessor, the only way to protect us is to continue with social distancing, wearing (good) masks and minimizing risks.

Hopefully, even within these boundaries, we can visit our family and some friends in August, where we can meet them somewhere outside in fair weather, preferably with a little backwind. Most of them have gardens, so this must be feasible. Some have even moved to another place in the last 18 months, or underwent a severe medical procedure, and we have only been able to watch and support them from a distance. So it will be very good to meet eye to eye again  after this long a time.

And it will probably allow me to finally plan my “annual” visit to my cf-team. It has been 2018 since I saw them last time, in 2019 we skipped because nothing to report, and then came covid. We will do some imaging and blood tests, and perhaps by that time the paperwork is ready that allows me to start with Kaftrio (as Trikafta is called here in Europe). My lung function is low enough for that, hah. Perhaps this will change some things in my body for the better. There is no way to tell but try it out.

Cheers!

* This expression goes from the premise that shooting rockets away to some target is the epitome of scientific achievement. It probable stems from the sixties, this (in) famous timeframe in the 20th century where everything “rocked” and the USA were even so “advanced” to shoot rockets to the moon and land some astronauts. But the Chinese and the Mongols already shot rockets at eachother in 1232, and nowadays a normal cellphone is about a million times faster than the computer in the Apollo rockets was. We should therefore revise this expression and point to something really difficult to make some meaningful statement. What about: “It’s not sustainable ecology”?

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.