• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul met Debbie
      Participant

Recently, Jenny asked about pill-organizers. It seemed a good subject for my Sunday morning talk. Here it is. My 30th already, wow.

Currently, I am my pill organizer. It is a complex and intuitive system that works rather well, and I have back-up app for security. Mostly when my app beeps, I have already taken the pills of which it wants to remind me. So, how does it work?

I have a large supply in a cabinet in the little library room. The pills I take with the hot meal (creon, vitamin supplements, calcium, iron) are in the kitchen. The evening/night pills (losec) are in the bathroom to take when brushing my teeth before going to bed. As are the early morning pills (same routine after rising – losec and prednisone). And I have a little pocket pillbox with some creon, losec and a tylenol to go. There is a story about this one here.  Currently, I am without antibiotics, but when I am on, these pills are in a drawer in the coffee table near the couch, to take in the morning and evening when – sitting on the couch – doing my nebulizing. That is also where I store the Kaftrio. And the salt water and ventolin for nebulizing. And the nebulizer.

So basically, I  organized my pills around my activities and habits. Sometimes it happens that my routine is disturbed – when brushing teeth, postman rings – and then I am in trouble and might forget my losec for instance. Only to find out in the afternoon when my stomach starts to protest the acid wave. When I am not sure about taking the losec or not, I take a half dose extra just in case. Because sometimes I just answer my little app without really looking at it clearly.

I looked at pill organizers after seeing your question on the forum, Jenny. What a lot of choice, incredible! And the colors – dazzling. I am not sure I am up to this overchoice. Please let me know what you decided, and if you are happy with it – I might just follow your lead. Or I wait for my dream pillbox: a voice commanded little drone, that is stand by 24-7, can hover towards me and present the correct pills after I just called it.  “Creon, please, 2” – and there it is, flying before my hands, and a lovely voice says: “Here are your pills, Paul – do you need a little drink?” And sometimes, when I am really lazy, Debbie gets my pills for me. That’s even better.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account