Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Sunday Morning (52) Anniversary Edition!

• Sunday Morning (52) Anniversary Edition!

Posted by paul-met-debbie on March 11, 2022 at 8:24 am

13 March 2022 Sunday morning, 9:31 am. Anniversary Edition!

We are early risers today, at 7:10 the bed didn’t feel good anymore and we found ourselves getting up. I have just finished my first nebulizing routine of the day. It went very well, and I am feeling great thanks to Kaftrio. High energy, normal oxygen, no arrhythmia, clean airways without inflammation or infection. A miracle has happened since last year I wrote the first Sunday Morning column. If you read that tale, you will notice some important differences with the tale of today no doubt. And some similarities as well.

The little dog provides my next joy: she wants her morning walkabout. I know this will clean up my mind even more which will improve awareness. At the cost of a bit of energy of course. But there is no hesitation possible here, it’s the perfect way to go. After that, I will take a little rest and some food, and together with a good cup of coffee and Debbie reading a poem from Ryokan*, an old Japanese travelling monk, the well-being will even increase no doubt. And by that time, my small dose of prednisone might kick in too. I still use that, despite Kaftrio. It’s a fine-tuning exercise still, my body. And the mind even more.

It’s extremely sunny outside, after very grey January and February we are having the sunniest March since 1976 so far. Today will be spring-like temperatures. The pair of jackdaws that visit us every morning is again sitting on top of the chimney just like last year of the house opposite of ours, enjoying the warmth. They watch us watching them, and the sun watches how we all bask in her light and warmth.

I look at my dog and my face smiles, seeing her anticipation in the wiggling tail, my smile reflecting in her shiny eyes. Shielded behind my sun glasses I step into the outside world, which no doubt will be full of this miraculous aliveness that again awoke us this morning.

We had a year of covid pandemic in which our minds tell us, that we travelled no where because of lock downs etcetera. Nothing could be further from the real truth however. Because since last year, the earth travelling at a speed of around 1000 miles per hour around its axis, our little Hamlet covered a staggering distance of around 6 million miles. And the planet travelled around the Sun one time at a speed of 67000 miles per hour, covering a total of 584 million miles. The Sun and our complete solar system are thought to hurdle along the universe of this Milky Way at a speed of 448 thousand miles per hour, so we also completed a voyage of almost 4 billion miles through space since I wrote my first column. And to complete the picture as far as we know it, the entire Milky Way moves in the Universe relative to other galaxies and it is rushing towards its nearest neighbour, the Andromeda Galaxy at a speed of 70 miles per second. We are now 2.2 billion miles closer to this collision than last year at this time.

We are going places, wow!

* Ryokan Taigu (1758 – 1831), Dewdrops on a Lotus Leaf, Zen Poems of Ryokan, translated by John Stevens.

jenny-livingston replied 2 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

March 11, 2022 at 8:41 am

While reading the last paragraph, I had a thought. In addition to the stellar statistics you shared, the last two years have contained some of the deepest soul exploration I’ve done in my lifetime. The circumstances brought about by COVID caused me to take stock of my life, to appreciate little things on a greater scale, to reexamine some of my relationships, to dig deeper within myself, and to deconstruct and do away with beliefs that no longer serve me. I would say that I’ve gone to some pretty amazing places during this time, and that seems to be the case for many of my friends and family members. I have no regrets about how this time was spent, even if physical travel and social activities were limited.