• Telehealth in the time of COVID

Posted by jenny-livingston on July 10, 2020 at 2:55 pm

I recently had my first telehealth CF clinic appointment. To be entirely honest, I didn’t have high hopes or expectations for it. I simply didn’t see how an appointment over the phone could come close to the level of care I receive in clinic (not to mention that PFTs were out of the question).

As great as my team is, I just didn’t imagine my telehealth appointment being a very productive or helpful experience.

I’m happy to report, however, that my appointment went incredibly well! My doctor was very thorough and was able to identify things that we could be addressing at home. I was able to speak with my pharmacist, my social worker, a respiratory therapist, and my nurse coordinator — just like I would in clinic.

I’ve heard from some people that they almost prefer telehealth and they’d like to continue utilizing that option when we emerge on the other side of this pandemic. Personally, I think I’ll still prefer in-person visits when they are safe to attend, but I no longer have any concerns about using telehealth in the meantime.

What are your thoughts about telehealth? What are the pros and cons in your opinion? Will you continue utilizing telehealth after this pandemic if given the option? 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 9 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.