Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and CF Thinking About Children Who Aren’t Vaccinated…

• Thinking About Children Who Aren’t Vaccinated…

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on May 17, 2021 at 12:21 pm

In light of the recent lessened mask mandates in my area (in the US), I spent much of last weekend deciding how my dance company would respond. Because we work with children- who are not yet vaccinated – I felt we should cater to the populace we serve, role model where possible, and protect youth while we can.

I was shocked, however, to see a lot of businesses in my area not react the same, and I want to say: Do children not count for anything? Why do we only think about ourselves, and not the younger generation?

Since K – 12 schools are still being asked to wear masks around here (until children can be vaccinated), I feel that companies working with kids should reflect the same. Of course, that’s just me, and sometimes I feel completely alone in this line of thought.

I know this can be a tricky subject but, let’s (politely and with respect for different options) get into it:

What are your thoughts and feelings about current mask guidelines in your area? Has anything changed lately? What’s the status in your country now?

And, because kids are clearly very much on my mind…

Do you feel we should consider children [who cannot get vaccinated yet] in regards to our own behavior?

bailey-anne-vincent replied 2 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.