Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Luisa Palazola
      Keymaster

Hey guys, so this isn’t a consolidated list, but I think it’s helpful to list all the basic treatments, medicines, and therapies we use. I know other countries have different approaches and protocol. But, maybe this list will be helpful.

Breathing treatments:
      – xopenex or albuteral as bronchodilators
      – pulmozyme (most patients are prescribed if they can tolerate it, it acts to thin mucus secretions)
      – hypertonic saline
      – inhaled antibiotic depending on what bacteria is cultured (the most common are: Tobi, Cayston, and Colymycin)

Airway clearance:
      – the Vest (I think the US is the only country that has this as a standard CPT method)
      – the flutter & acapella
      – manual chest physical therapy using hands/clapping on chest and back
      – PEP
      – exercise

Medicines:
      – Enzymes (depending on what brand works for the person, we have Zenpep, Creon, Pertzye, etc)
      – AQUADEKS (vitamin supplements)

Often times, we are admitted and treated with IV antibiotics for a minimum of two weeks. The antibiotic chosen depends on bacterial sensitivity. There’s quite a range of IV antibiotics, but I’ll list big names often used here. However, it’s incredibly important to remember that these medicines are chosen based on bacterial sensitivity.

– Ceftaz
      – Tobramycin
      – meropenem
      – Vancomycin

To administer IV’s, most people have either a semi permanent catheter called a PICC line or they have a surgically placed apparatus called a Port a Cath.

I am not too well versed in GI medications and surgeries. However I know when people have difficulty gaining weight, there are various food supplementations given like scandi shakes, or a g-tube or mickey button is placed, to deliver formula.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account