• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Jenny Livingston
      Keymaster

Hey, guys, we’re excited to introduce our first WCW of the year: Carly!
      @cccarlylee is 23 and from Idaho. Here are four things important to her story with CF. Be sure to answer her question!

❤ I was diagnosed at birth after having an emergency surgery for a ruptured meconium ileus. I’ve been exciting from the get go! Thanks to an awesome care team and my mom, I was pretty healthy throughout childhood.

❤ Since I was relatively healthy, I got to keep my CF on the down low. Only my closest friends knew about all the treatments and medications I did. I never wanted to be seen as different and, for the most part, it worked. And then, my rebellious self went away for college — away from my parents, away from my care team, and away from CF.

❤ Of course though, CF caught up. I ended up getting very sick and, because of both CF complications and some mental health issues, I had to drop out of college and move back home. For the last 2 years, I have been fighting for both my mental and physical health. I’ve been hospitalized every 3-5 months. However, I’m back on track to have a very healthy 2020! I was diagnosed Bipolar II in October and finally am on a medication that helps me, and I got access to Trikafta in November.

❤ I am so thankful for my care team, my family, friends, wonderful partner, and the CF community social media has connected me to.

Question: What is something you can do in 2020 to be nicer to yourself when you’re having a hard day? 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account