Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Luisa Palazola
      Keymaster

For original post, click here!

It is WCW and we’re stoked to have Mallory. Mallory is 33 and lives in Nashville. Here are 3 things important to HER story with CF.⠀ ⠀⁣

⁣ ✝️I was one of the first babies at @vanderbiltu to be diagnosed with CF in utero. My twin brother and I were delivered two months too early. I immediately underwent extensive surgeries before I was even a day old. My twin was healthy and went home after a couple of weeks in the NICU. I stayed 4+ months in the hospital before getting to come home.⠀⁣
      ⠀⁣
      ✝️I grew up fairly healthy, it wasn’t until high school, when I cultured a rare mycobacterium that my life changed. I became sick more often than not. I hemorrhaged up blood from my lungs on a regular basis. I was on IVs every month, and in and out of the hospital my senior year of high school. I had to have a home bound teacher come to my house so I could finish the year. I made it back for graduation, so at least it felt final. I also met my high school sweetheart throughout this chaos, and now my husband of 11 years.I attended a community college because my disease dictated my life, and being close to home was important. I pushed through and was able to get my associates degree. Shortly after, I was married and trying for a baby. The doctors recommended not to get pregnant, due to potential health complications. But, it was the only dream I had ever had. So, we prayed about it, and I was pregnant before our one-year marriage anniversary! God is so good!⠀ ⠀ ⁣

✝️Today, I am God’s child, a wife, a mother, and a fighter for life. My health has been in bad places throughout my adult life, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. My disease has made me treasure every moment. I treasure the small things, and I know that without the real fear of my life ending short, I wouldn’t be able to see life as a daily gift from God. It is impossible to know true happiness without experiencing its opposite, true sadness. With new study drugs in the pipeline, I am slowly getting my life back. ⠀ ⠀⁣
      I am looking forward to the future for one of the first times in my life. I feel safe to make goals now! ⠀⁣
      ⠀⁣
      If there was a cure tomorrow for Cystic Fibrosis, what would you do different?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account