• Mallory

Posted by luisa-palazola on May 29, 2019 at 1:49 pm

For original post, click here!

It is WCW and we’re stoked to have Mallory. Mallory is 33 and lives in Nashville. Here are 3 things important to HER story with CF.⠀ ⠀⁣

⁣ ✝️I was one of the first babies at @vanderbiltu to be diagnosed with CF in utero. My twin brother and I were delivered two months too early. I immediately underwent extensive surgeries before I was even a day old. My twin was healthy and went home after a couple of weeks in the NICU. I stayed 4+ months in the hospital before getting to come home.⠀⁣
    ⠀⁣
    ✝️I grew up fairly healthy, it wasn’t until high school, when I cultured a rare mycobacterium that my life changed. I became sick more often than not. I hemorrhaged up blood from my lungs on a regular basis. I was on IVs every month, and in and out of the hospital my senior year of high school. I had to have a home bound teacher come to my house so I could finish the year. I made it back for graduation, so at least it felt final. I also met my high school sweetheart throughout this chaos, and now my husband of 11 years.I attended a community college because my disease dictated my life, and being close to home was important. I pushed through and was able to get my associates degree. Shortly after, I was married and trying for a baby. The doctors recommended not to get pregnant, due to potential health complications. But, it was the only dream I had ever had. So, we prayed about it, and I was pregnant before our one-year marriage anniversary! God is so good!⠀ ⠀ ⁣

✝️Today, I am God’s child, a wife, a mother, and a fighter for life. My health has been in bad places throughout my adult life, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. My disease has made me treasure every moment. I treasure the small things, and I know that without the real fear of my life ending short, I wouldn’t be able to see life as a daily gift from God. It is impossible to know true happiness without experiencing its opposite, true sadness. With new study drugs in the pipeline, I am slowly getting my life back. ⠀ ⠀⁣
    I am looking forward to the future for one of the first times in my life. I feel safe to make goals now! ⠀⁣
    ⠀⁣
    If there was a cure tomorrow for Cystic Fibrosis, what would you do different?

luisa-palazola replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.