• We Are Back! Who Am I?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on July 6, 2020 at 11:17 am

Hey everyone! My co-moderator Jenny Livingston re-introduced herself this week on the forums (her post is titled “Hello Again”), and now it’s my turn! Both Jenny and I have loved trying to grow and nurture the CF forums here, but took a pause during the pandemic. Now… We are back! We have a lot of ideas and questions for you yet to come, but for now: Who am I?

I am a 33-year-old mother of two girls (14 and 11) who lives on a rural lake in Virginia, just outside the city of Richmond. I own a body positive professional dance company- which houses an inclusive dance company for those with chronic illness within it- although everything is currently on hold and I’m slowly losing my mind. I also work as a professional dancer, ASL performer, teacher and choreographer, as needed. Whilst waiting for the world to spin again, I am continuing to work as a writer, self publish some books on the side, and homeschool my girls which (surprisingly) I was actually doing before all of this!

I am the baby of 5 (just like Jenny), but the only one with CF (mine is a derivative; impacts my GI more than my lungs, most of the time). Hearing loss and heart disease does run in my family, however, and I have both of those as well. I am fluent in sign language and actually met my (hearing) partner at a deaf and blind school where we both briefly worked. After some time debating on if I even needed/benefited from a Cf clinic, I found one that I adore and truly connect with… and my health has never been better! (That’s not actually true. My biliary system and arthritis has never been worse, but the sentence sounded more optimistic the first way.)

I look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know you more!

bailey-anne-vincent replied 3 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.